How to get a visa to Russia
In order to visit Russia every foreign tourist needs to get a Russian tourist visa. To get it will not be so difficult; the only thing is you thoroughly need to prepare all the documents that each Russian Embassy or Consulate requires.
Tourist visa can be valid for up to 30 days and can be issued for single or double entry. Dates of validity of the visa will correspond with the dates mentioned on your tourist voucher/confirmation.
Documents to apply for a Russian visa
To apply for a Russian tourist visa you will need to prepare the following documents:
- A 'Tourist voucher' and a 'Tourist confirmation' document stamped and signed by authorized person. It can be obtained through either a hotel you are going to stay during your visit or an approved travel agent who deals with trips and should be valid for the entire duration of your trip. Our company will provide you with such documents. Please, read the terms and conditions of the “Tourist voucher” and a Tourist confirmation” submission.
- Your Passport. (Original only and it should have at least two clear visa pages). The passport should be valid at least 3 months after visa's expiration date. In some countries such as Great Britain the passport should be valid for a minimum of 6 months. So, please, check the validity terms in the Embassy of your own country).
- Passport-size Photograph 35 mm X 45 mm (2 pictures of an applicant). Should be recent and good quality.
- Application Form. Each application form is available at the website of the Russian Embassy located in your country. Please, see the list of the Russian Embassies and Consulates around the world.
- Specific Documents. The majority of the Russian Embassies and the Consulates demand an HIV certificate if you are traveling to Russia for 3 months or longer or require a multiple-entry visa. It is not obligatory but any way needs checking in the Embassy of your own country.
- Medical insurance (original valid for the whole period of your staying in Russia). The insurance should be issued either by a Russian insurance company or a foreign insurance company that has an reinsurance agreement with a Russian insurance company.
- Visa processing fees. The price is given according to a single entry visa type. By the word “days” only working days mean excluding weekends.
|Country||Standard processing||Urgent processing|
|Great Britain||45 £ (5 days)||90 £ (next day)|
|Czech Republic||1000 CZK (10 days)||2000 CZK (3 days)|
|Shengen countries||35 € (4-20 days)||70 € (1-3 days)|
|Switzerland||58 € (4-20 days)||116 € (1-3 days)|
|USA||140 $ (10 days)||250 $ (3 days)|
|Canada||75 $ (up to 20 days)||135 $ (up to 3 days)|
|China||50 $ (5 days)||80 $ (3 days)|
|Japan||Free (more than 2 weeks)||¥ 15000 (2 days)|
|Australia||110 $ (7 days)||220 $ (2 days)|
|Estonia||550 EEK (5 days)||1100 EEK (3 days)|